Christie: Well, this was *not* my expected blog post for the day.
I had a whole lovely little "spring" thing planned...
and then THIS happened:
What's a girl to do?
Two Acheron at once?
There's a reason the word "Ache" is in his name.
Let's meet each of them:
Deranged Harry Potter Acheron:
Do you like my nickname for him?
Honestly, at the moment he's incognito...
I have no idea what the future holds for this boy
beyond a haircut.
Serious Business Acheron:
This boy popped out of his box,
demanded a shave and then proceeded to steal
Emmett's shirt and shoes.
So tell me, how do I keep these boys hidden from my sister? :)
Heather's Review of Acheron
Let's talk a little about the doll...
What I like:
1. He's beautiful once you remove his doofy facial hair.
2. His body is pretty awesome, as far as mobility is concerned.
3. His hands easily detach, making dressing him easy. (Christie: AND undressing him!)
4. His shirt, pants and coat are well made... and his pants and coat are just downright awesome.
5. His hands and feet are well sculpted.
6. He fits into Ken shoes
What I don't like:
1. His boots, they're hard plastic and trying to put them on makes me think I'm either going to break his feet, or his feet will pop off and get stuck inside the boot.
2. His facial hair... I mean... look at the closeup of Deranged Harry Potter Acheron... it looks like he's been eating oreos or drawing on his face with Sharpie. What's with those spots??
3. Neck mobility... this is the one place the Ken doll outstrips him. He's got very little range of motion where his neck and head meet.
He's pretty darn awesome.
I bought him with the intent of putting the Mattel Twilight Emmett's head on his body (because frankly, his promo pics do not appeal to me)... but now I'm not sure I can, LOL.
What he has done, and I curse him for it, is open the floodgate of me checking out FR boy releases.
DAMN YOU, ACHERON, DAMN YOU!!!
Next year I might just have to join the FR club after all ;_;